A neurologist is a physician who is an expert in diagnosing and treating nervous system and brain diseases. They are also responsible for treating learning disabilities, brain development issues, and CNS-related ailments.
So if you are suffering from any disorder, disease, or injury related to the nervous system, you will have to consult a neurologist.
What conditions do neurologists treat?
A neurologist is a medical doctor who treats all the illnesses and disorders related to the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, cranial nerves, muscles, nerve roots, central nervous system, neuromuscular junction, and more.
Most of the common disorders that neurologist doctors in Mumbai or any other city treat are as follows:
- Epilepsy — A neurological ailment linked with unusual electrical activity in the brain, resulting in recurrent, unprovoked strokes
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias — Progressive mental deterioration affected by generalized brain deterioration
- Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases — A seizure occurs when a vessel containing blood is interpreted from distributing oxygen and nutrients to the brain due to a blood clot or burst.
- Migraine and other headache disorders — A terrible, recurring headache paired with confused vision
- Multiple Sclerosis — A continual disease that affects damage to nerve cells present in the brain and even the spinal cord. It is characterized by numbness, language and muscular damage, clouded vision, and extreme fatigue.
- Parkinson’s disease — A progressive ailment inscribed by quiver, muscular rigidity, and stall imprecise movement. It is linked with the brain’s basal ganglia degeneration and dopamine depletion.
- Brain tumours — A volume of abnormal cells in the brain, steering to degraded cognitive processes.
- Brain trauma and other nervous system injuries — Wound to the brain from an external emphasis, occasionally directing to an altered state of consciousness and permanent or interim injury to cognitive, physical, or psychosocial processes.
- Tourette’s Syndrome and other disorders of function — It is a neurological disorder, coupled with automatic tics and vocalizations, as well as the driven utterance of profanities.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis — A progressive breakdown of the motor neurons of the central nervous system, directing muscular atrophy and even paralysis.
If you are experiencing one or more listed symptoms, then your physician may recommend you to visit a neurologist doctor in Mumbai –
- Severe headaches
- Feeling of dizziness
- Problem in movement
- Chronic pain
- Loss of consciousness
- Feeling of numbness
- Problem with vision
- The situation in remembering things
- Problem in sleeping
- Difficulty in language or speech
It is crucial to understand that these neurological diseases and disorders are widespread, but their risk increases as one’s age increases. Injuries to the head are also common, and according to a report, 60 million people suffer from brain injury every year around the globe.
You should be very careful and recognize various symptoms of these diseases and disorders. If they are left untreated, they can be life-threatening. Consult the best neurologist doctor in Mumbai or your city for timely diagnosis and treatment.