Your skin needs consistent nourishment and cares all the time to retain Skincare routine overall well-being. Using harsh chemicals and undergoing intensive treatments, can hamper the natural oils of your skin, resulting in drier or sensitive skin. The best way to address all skin-related concerns is to follow an effective skincare routine.
Since every individual’s skin is unique in its own way, one should take time to understand their skin to find the perfect care routine that best suits their skin type. Therefore, this write-up will help you discover what your skin type is and how you can take care of it effectively with skincare products like face moisturizers, cleansers, toners, etc.
Methods to find your skin type
- The Blotting Sheet Method
This method is the perfect way to instantly find the differences between oily and dry skin.
How to use it?
- Take a blotting paper and pat it on different areas of your face gently.
- Hold the sheet towards the light to know how much oil is visible on your face.
- If the sheet absorbs no oil from your face, therefore your skin is dry.
- If the blotting sheet picks up little to no oil from the nose and forehead areas, then you have combination skin.
- But, if the blotting sheet has absorbed excess oil from your skin, you have an oily skin type.
- The Bare-Faced Method
How to use it?
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser and then pat it dry with a dry towel.
- Leave your skin bare and after half an hour, observe your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin for any shine.
- Examine your face after another 30 minutes to determine whether it feels parched when you make facial expressions.
- Your skin is dry if it feels tightened.
- You have combination skin if there is noticeable shine on your nose or forehead areas.
- If you experience shine on your cheeks apart from your forehead and nose, then you have an oily skin type.
After identifying your skin type, it is important to establish a proper skincare routine to take care of your skin. Therefore, your daily skincare regimen should contain the following type of skincare products:
How to care for your skin type?
- Oily skin types should consider going for face cleansers which contain ingredients like benzoyl peroxide to fight acne breakouts.
- Dry and sensitive skin types should apply gentle and creamy cleansers like the Avon Naturals Milk Honey Cleanser from one of the best skincare and beauty brands i.e., Avon. This cleanser not only cleans the impurities away but also moisturizes your skin.
- People with combination skin should use mild cleansers.
There has been a misconception among people that exfoliating is only necessary when having active breakouts. But what they don’t know is that it is also vital for maintaining healthy skin.
- Normal to combination skin types can pick regular exfoliators
- Dry and sensitive skin types should avoid exfoliators with physical abrasives and instead use gentle exfoliating scrub masks.
They are essential for managing the pH balance of your skin and also help to refresh any hydration lost during cleansing.
- Oily and combination skin types should opt for clarifying toners, as intense and strong toners can strip off the natural oils from their face.
- Sensitive and dry skin types must try face toners with hydrating and soothing properties.
Moisturizing is essential for all skin types since it aids in maintaining the skin’s moisture barrier against environmental influences.
- Individuals with oily skin should opt for oil-free and non-comedogenic products that don’t clog their pores. For an effective moisturizer for oily skin, try Avon True Nutraeffects Mattifying Day Cream. Formulated with an oil-absorbing mattifying powder, the Avon Moisturizer sops up excess oil, while keeping skin hydrated. Moreover, the cream is non-comedogenic and free of parabens and synthetic dyes.
- All other skin types can go for medium-weight moisturizers which address different skin concerns like anti-ageing moisturizers for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Although these four steps are vital for a complete skincare routine, you can add other skincare essentials like serums, face masks, etc., which can work as a miracle for your skin. For best skin results, try the Avon skincare product ranges such as their Avon True Nutraeffects Hydra Boost, Brightening, Ageless and Mattifying skincare range. They are suitable for all skin types and resolve every skin concern.
Furthermore, your skin type can also change due to pregnancy, lifestyle, and diet modifications. Thus, one should monitor such changes and readjust their skincare routine accordingly.
Read More blogs:
What is a Class 4 Laser?
What is an Infrared Face Mask